Thursday, June 11, 2015

Love at First Flight




This book was much different from what I expected so I have to say it somewhat affected my enjoyment of it. I was expecting more of a modern love story and less of a romance novel but that is what I found myself reading. I wouldn't say that it was not a good book because it was just that my personal expectations were different.
The story focused on Mel and her life especially after meeting an irresistible stranger on a plane. I am not sure if I believe that in so short a period of time that your life could be so changed forever but I there is a part of me that loved that it may be possible. Who doesn't want to believe that the love of your life is out there to be stumbled upon at any moment? So this novel definitely had its appeal in regards to that.
I found the book somewhat frustrating but it was probably more that the situations Mel found herself in were completely frustrating at times so upon reflection, I can say that the author was probably very adept in describing the situations so well so that the general mood of the scene was very apparent.
I know that this is a first novel for this author and I am curious to see what she comes up with next as she definitely has her strengths.



Tess Woods is a health professional who lives in Perth, Australiawith one husband, two children, one dog and one cat who rules over all of them. Love at First Flight is her first novel for HarperCollins. When she isn't working or being a personal assistant to her kids, Tess enjoys reading and all kinds of grannyish pleasures like knitting, baking, drinking tea, watching Downton Abbey and tending to the veggie patch.

Links

My website:

My Facebook page:

Goodreads:
Amazon:

iBooks:

Kobo:

Barnes and Noble:

No comments:

Post a Comment